Ford’s F-150 trucks are known for their excellent performance and reliability. This vehicle has seen many iterations since its introduction in 1975, but has retained its status as the best selling truck in North America. The F-150 has become iconic among people of different backgrounds. This includes farmers and contractors from across the country. The 2022 Ford F-150 retains much of what made this vehicle series so beloved in the first place, but it also takes it to the next level with some excellent features. Let’s look at what makes the 2022 Ford F-150 one of the top trucks in British Columbia.
Every pickup truck needs a powerful engine you can rely on in difficult situations. The good news is that every single one of the 2022 Ford F-150 engine options comes with more than enough power to meet your needs. Let’s look at each engine configuration currently available.
- The 3.5L Powerboost Full Hybrid V6 engine offers both gas and electric running capabilities. This engine offers an impressive 430 horsepower and 570 pounds per foot of torque. Its payload rating is a whopping 2,120 pounds.
- The 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine is for drivers who want great performance along with respectable fuel efficiency. This engine cranks out 400 horsepower and 500 pounds per foot of torque. It has a maximum tow rating of 14,000 lbs, which makes it more than capable of hauling items on trailers.
- The 2.7L EcoBoost V6 is the smaller version of its 3.5L counterpart. However, this small size doesn’t mean it skimps on performance. This engine boasts a respectable 324 horsepower and 425 pounds per foot of torque.
- The 5.0L TI-VCT V8 engine takes things to the next level with an impressive 400 horsepower and 410 pounds per foot of torque. These specs are made possible thanks to the engine’s twin independent variable cam timing and direct fuel injection system.
- The 3.3L TI-VCT V6 also uses the same technology as its 5.0L counterpart. This variant offers a good 290 horsepower and 265 pounds per foot of torque.
- The High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost engine is by far the most powerful engine option available on the 2022 Ford F-150. This one generates an insane 450 horsepower and 510 pounds per foot of torque, making it a true beast on any road.
The 2022 Ford F-150 takes interior comfort seriously.
- The F-150’s regular cab configuration has one row of seats that fits up to three people while the super cab and super crew configurations come with two rows of seats that fit up to six people. Two-row seat configurations also offer the option of installing child safety seats using latch connectors on the rear outboard.
- The F-150’s seats come with cloth upholstery and many adjustment options. You can choose to get leather upholstered seats with built-in heating and massager options. It also includes the option of a heated steering wheel, so you can be sure your hands will stay comfortable while driving on chilly mornings.
The 2022 Ford F-150’s comfortable interior ensures each drive is a treat. This makes it perfect for extended road trips that would otherwise feel uncomfortable and tiring in other vehicles.
The 2022 Ford F-150 doesn’t just offer performance and comfort, it also includes numerous convenience-enhancing technological features.
- This includes a responsive 8-inch touch screen that allows you to control many vehicle functions and monitor different parameters from the comfort of the driver and front passenger seats. You can use this touchscreen to view objects behind your vehicle through the rearview camera. There is also integrated Android Auto, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay connectivity to ensure you and your passengers connect to the vehicle’s stellar infotainment system easily.
- If you’re a music nut, you’re definitely going to be blown away by the 2022 Ford F-150’s Bang & Olufsen sound system. This speaker setup comes with 8 premium speakers that have been sonically optimized to deliver the perfect listening experience. They are integrated with a special microphone monitoring system that detects any background noises and then adjusts the audio output to drown them out.
All these technological features make the 2022 Ford F-150 one of the most cutting edge vehicles in British Columbia.
The 2022 Ford F-150 is also one of the safest vehicles on the road today. This is thanks to the various features and technology that Ford’s engineers have equipped it with.
- The Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage is a special system that alerts you if there is a vehicle in your blind spot. It uses sensors to detect objects in this area and then alerts you using an audible signal.
- The Lane Keeping System is another fantastic safety feature that uses sensors to detect when your vehicle is staying in its dedicated lane for extended periods. This system is great because it alerts you if you have become distracted and are unknowingly drifting into another lane. This can help prevent many types of accidents.
- The Pre-Collision Assist System is another innovative safety system that uses sensors to scan the road ahead of you. It relays this information to an onboard safety computer on the vehicle, which predicts if a collision is about to occur. If the probability of a collision is high, the system will alert you immediately. If you fail to take preventative action, the Pre-Collision Assist System will automatically engage the 2022 Ford F-150’s brakes to reduce the extent of the damage that will occur.
- The Hill Descent Control is a special safety feature that helps you stay safe as your vehicle is descending down an incline. It uses traction control coupled with the vehicle’s anti-braking system to continuously adjust braking pressure and reduce the likelihood of the truck slipping. It maintains the vehicle at a constant speed so that you can focus on steering rather than braking continuously.
Visit Skaha Ford Dealership to See the 2022 Ford F-150
If you’re interested in checking out the 2022 Ford F-150 in person and taking it for a test drive please head down to the Skaha Ford Dealership.